Jan 9, 2013, 11:56 AM EST
While most American coins feature historical heros like Abe Lincoln, George Washington, and Sacagawea, why not a modern-day hero for the supposed trillion dollar coin that lawmakers in D.C. have been kicking around?
Well, Slate magazine has nominated 18-time gold medalist and American hero Michael Phelps for the honor:
“At this point we all agree that President Obama is going to authorize the $1 trillion platinum coin to single-handedly save the economy and secure his position on Mt. Rushmore II,” Slate writes. “The only question is: What will it look like?”
Their current design, a shouting Michael Phelps riding an eagle, is certainly better than just any old politician, right?
- President Obama yet to deliver after losing Olympic beer bet 1
- Shannon Szabados joins men’s pro hockey team 0
- Oscar Pistorius said ‘everything is fine’ to security calling about gunshot reports (video) 0
- Ukraine may leave Sochi Paralympics if situation escalates 0
- Five Paralympic storylines to watch in Sochi 0
- Mikaela Shiffrin takes 15th in first post-Olympic race 0
- Oscar Pistorius tried to revive girlfriend after shooting, witness recounts (video) 1