Jan 9, 2013, 11:56 AM EDT
While most American coins feature historical heros like Abe Lincoln, George Washington, and Sacagawea, why not a modern-day hero for the supposed trillion dollar coin that lawmakers in D.C. have been kicking around?
Well, Slate magazine has nominated 18-time gold medalist and American hero Michael Phelps for the honor:
“At this point we all agree that President Obama is going to authorize the $1 trillion platinum coin to single-handedly save the economy and secure his position on Mt. Rushmore II,” Slate writes. “The only question is: What will it look like?”
Their current design, a shouting Michael Phelps riding an eagle, is certainly better than just any old politician, right?
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights