Jan 9, 2013, 11:56 AM EST
While most American coins feature historical heros like Abe Lincoln, George Washington, and Sacagawea, why not a modern-day hero for the supposed trillion dollar coin that lawmakers in D.C. have been kicking around?
Well, Slate magazine has nominated 18-time gold medalist and American hero Michael Phelps for the honor:
“At this point we all agree that President Obama is going to authorize the $1 trillion platinum coin to single-handedly save the economy and secure his position on Mt. Rushmore II,” Slate writes. “The only question is: What will it look like?”
Their current design, a shouting Michael Phelps riding an eagle, is certainly better than just any old politician, right?
- Lindsey Vonn’s knee feels ‘stable’ after downhill training run 0
- U.S. Snowboarding unveils ‘heirloom hippie’ Sochi Olympic uniforms (photos) 3
- Grand Prix Final offers glimpse at Olympic figure skating picture 0
- Lindsey Vonn set for Wednesday training run in Lake Louise 0
- USOC will focus on 2024 Olympic bid after Sochi Games 0
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (54)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (45)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (29)
- Vladimir Putin tells critics of Russia at World University Games to ‘try some Viagra’ (18)
- IOC convinced there will be no discrimination at Sochi Olympics (16)