Jan 8, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Here’s an idea for a new rubber bracelet: WWRLD?
As in, “What Would Ryan Lochte Do?”
The Olympic swimmer, who recently worked out with U.S. Air Force Special Forces, will have his own reality show on E! called, you guessed it, “What Would Ryan Lochte Do?”
He appeared on “30 Rock” and “90210” last fall, so landing his own show must be next on the list.
What’s the show going to be about? Our friends over at E! put together a nice assortment of animated gifs they predict will happen during the six-episode show, which will air starting in April. But seriously, we think the show will be a mix of Lochte working out, Lochte partying (he was in Las Vegas for New Year’s, after all) and Lochte in search of love.
And, as Anna Chan from TODAY writes, Lochte designing sneakers for Speedo, one of his sponsors.
“Excited for you all to see!” Lochte Tweeted Monday.
Here are three people we’d like to see on Lochte’s show:
- Prince Harry. The two became buddies when they raced each other – in the pool – in Vegas after the London Olympics. The Royal angle would certainly lead to a ratings boost.
- Lil Wayne. He’s Lochte’s favorite hip-hop artist and he often listens to his songs right before races. Can they do a rap about Lochte’s catchphrase, “Jeah?”
- Michael Phelps. He’s retired from swimming, but can we please see one more Phelps vs. Lochte showdown? Let’s make it a 200m IM. “Take your mark … ”
- The jump for the ages: Mike Powell, Bob Beamon and a revered world record 0
- Apolo Ohno on Ironman: A milestone among my 8 Olympic medals 1
- Beijing Marathon run through smog (video, photos) 0
- Aksel Lund Svindal injured playing soccer, likely out most of season 0
- Justin Gatlin not among IAAF Athlete of the Year award finalists 0
- Noelle Pikus-Pace: I already miss skeleton, but happily retired 0
- Simone Biles still buzzing after World Championships whirlwind 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)