Jan 8, 2013, 1:51 PM EST
In other figure skating news (if you read the last story): Americans John Coughlin and Caydee Denney won’t have the opportunity to defend their 2011 National Championship because Coughlin is still recovering from a Dec. 4 hip surgery.
Coughlin and Denney were set to be the only returning pair from last year’s podium, after both the silver and bronze medal pairs split to find new partners. But that was before Coughlin, 27, suffered a torn labrum in his left hip, leaving a vacancy for any figure skating up n’ comers.
Nationals being Jan. 24 in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Tori Bowie ‘going after medals’ after breakthrough season 0
- Yohan Blake details ‘dreams’ for 2015 0
- South Korean Olympic swim champ Park Tae-hwan fails drug test 1
- Jason Brown wins first U.S. figure skating title 2
- Lindsey Vonn wins final race before World Championships (video) 0
- Ashley Wagner shatters records for third U.S. figure skating title 3
- Chloe Kim wins Winter X Games halfpipe at age 14 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)