Jan 8, 2013, 1:51 PM EDT
In other figure skating news (if you read the last story): Americans John Coughlin and Caydee Denney won’t have the opportunity to defend their 2011 National Championship because Coughlin is still recovering from a Dec. 4 hip surgery.
Coughlin and Denney were set to be the only returning pair from last year’s podium, after both the silver and bronze medal pairs split to find new partners. But that was before Coughlin, 27, suffered a torn labrum in his left hip, leaving a vacancy for any figure skating up n’ comers.
Nationals being Jan. 24 in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Haley Anderson wins Pan Pacs open-water 10K by .01 after jellyfish sting, move to Maui 0
- Gwen Jorgensen wins World Championship in triathlon 0
- How the FIBA World Cup impacts the Olympics 0
- Gwen Jorgensen’s glory awaits in Edmonton 0
- Tyson Gay last place in Zurich; Jenny Simpson leads U.S. winners (video) 0
- Youth Olympics wrap with Closing Ceremony, Lionel Messi cameo (photos) 0
- U.S. finishes Youth Olympics with 22 medals, 10 golds 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (57)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)