Jan 8, 2013, 1:51 PM EDT
In other figure skating news (if you read the last story): Americans John Coughlin and Caydee Denney won’t have the opportunity to defend their 2011 National Championship because Coughlin is still recovering from a Dec. 4 hip surgery.
Coughlin and Denney were set to be the only returning pair from last year’s podium, after both the silver and bronze medal pairs split to find new partners. But that was before Coughlin, 27, suffered a torn labrum in his left hip, leaving a vacancy for any figure skating up n’ comers.
Nationals being Jan. 24 in Omaha, Nebraska.
- U.S. 400m runner Torrin Lawrence dies in car accident 0
- Brazil’s Olympic coach wants Neymar to play at Rio 2016 0
- U.S. teams sweep World Series of Beach Volleyball (video) 0
- UPDATE: Noelle Pikus-Pace’s brother and his children found in Idaho 0
- Kerri Walsh Jennings, April Ross make WSOBV final 0
- Usain Bolt arrives in Glasgow, says he’s injury free 0
- Queen photobombs Commonwealth Games athlete selfie 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (56)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)