Jan 4, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Gold medalist Bode Miller is possibly months away from full recovery after his micro-fracture knee surgery, but believes, with the proper time to heal, he’ll soon be skiing as well as he every has.
“If I give my knee a full chance to heal, it should be very close to 100-percent, which it hasn’t been since 2001,” Miller told Outside. “We have a chance to really finish on a super-high note on that Olympic season – where I’m really focused and draw things together and try to put together a legendary season.”
In the eleven years since Bode’s been 100-percent he’s won five Olympic medals, four world championships, two World Cup titles, and made enough to buy a 100-foot yacht… so we’d love to see what he can do healthy.
Oh, and speaking of the yacht, he’s listing it for sale so that he and his new wife, pro volleyball player and model Morgan (who Bode accidentally hit with a golfball), can start their new life and a family together.
“We’d prefer to have a regular house and be land-locked,” Miller said. “And have a boat more just to cruise around on rather than live on all the time.”
This all begs the question: What have I been doing with my life?
- Haley Anderson wins Pan Pacs open-water 10K by .01 after jellyfish sting, move to Maui 0
- Gwen Jorgensen wins World Championship in triathlon 0
- How the FIBA World Cup impacts the Olympics 0
- Gwen Jorgensen’s glory awaits in Edmonton 0
- Tyson Gay last place in Zurich; Jenny Simpson leads U.S. winners (video) 0
- Youth Olympics wrap with Closing Ceremony, Lionel Messi cameo (photos) 0
- U.S. finishes Youth Olympics with 22 medals, 10 golds 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (57)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)