Jan 4, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Gold medalist Bode Miller is possibly months away from full recovery after his micro-fracture knee surgery, but believes, with the proper time to heal, he’ll soon be skiing as well as he every has.
“If I give my knee a full chance to heal, it should be very close to 100-percent, which it hasn’t been since 2001,” Miller told Outside. “We have a chance to really finish on a super-high note on that Olympic season – where I’m really focused and draw things together and try to put together a legendary season.”
In the eleven years since Bode’s been 100-percent he’s won five Olympic medals, four world championships, two World Cup titles, and made enough to buy a 100-foot yacht… so we’d love to see what he can do healthy.
Oh, and speaking of the yacht, he’s listing it for sale so that he and his new wife, pro volleyball player and model Morgan (who Bode accidentally hit with a golfball), can start their new life and a family together.
“We’d prefer to have a regular house and be land-locked,” Miller said. “And have a boat more just to cruise around on rather than live on all the time.”
This all begs the question: What have I been doing with my life?
- Joss Christensen becomes ‘mountain man’ since Sochi Olympics 0
- IOC proposes adding Olympic events, bid reforms 0
- Ryan Lochte: I have no doubt Michael Phelps will come back 1
- Doha gets 2019 World Track and Field Championships over Eugene, Barcelona 1
- Bode Miller out until January due to back surgery 0
- Peter Forsberg and the Olympics 0
- Javier Fernandez wins Rostelecom Cup; Jason Brown’s best free skate (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)