Jan 3, 2013, 10:54 AM EDT
It’s back, that feeling deep in your chest that rises when the Olympics are around the corner. Surely it’s too early. It feels like just yesterday we were listening to the Spice Girls play out the last chords of London. But soft, what light through yonder window breaks: it is Sochi, a mere 400 days away.
We’re not sure we’ve ever seen a more exciting Games than London offered, including world records and career milestones from all-time greats like Michael Phelps and Usain Bolt, a three-peat from the U.S. women’s soccer team, and another victory at the medal table for the good ol’ US-of-A.
But for those who like cold weather sports (I’m especially a fan of the winter biathlon), you can look forward to Lindsey Vonn staking her claim as the world’s best alpine skier, Shaun White going for his own three-peat in the snowboard halfpipe, and Yevgeny Plushenko aiming to be the first figure skater in nearly a century to medal in four straight Games.
So come back often for more news every day on the (steadily approaching) Sochi Games. February 7, 2014 will be here faster than you think. Also, Rio is only 1310 days away, incase anyone was counting.
- A recent history of U.S. Olympic gymnastics comebacks 0
- Meryl Davis, Charlie White won’t compete next season 1
- Gabby Douglas, Aly Raisman competitive with U.S. teammates in comeback 0
- Javier Fernandez wins upset World Championship; top American fourth 0
- Elizaveta Tuktamysheva wins World Championship; U.S. just misses medals 0
- How to watch Gabby Douglas, Aly Raisman’s comeback gymnastics meet 0
- Yuzuru Hanyu tops World Championships short program; Jason Brown leads Americans 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)