Dec 27, 2012, 9:04 AM EDT
Despite no damage being reported after a mild earthquake hit Sochi off the coast Wednesday, President Vladimir Putin has ordered local authorities to double-check all the Olympic sites.
“Emergencies Ministry servicemen scoured through the city districts, bridges and electrical cables, there was no damage,” Irina Gogoleva, of the Russian Emergency Ministries, told reporters.
No injuries were reported either, after the 2014 Winter Games site was rocked by a 5.5-magnitude quake about 93 miles out into the Black Sea.
The city was also hit by an unrelated pipeline explosion that feeds a local power station, so with the site currently under construction, you probably can’t be too careful.
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- PBT: Unheralded Green could steal NBA Finals MVP