Dec 18, 2012, 7:35 AM EDT
For those of you worried about when the governing bodies of baseball and softball will come up with their new joint name: don’t. That time is now.
The World Baseball Softball Confederation announced its moniker Monday after the two federations agreed to join forces in a co-bid to be reinstated for the 2020 Olympics.
The two sports were both voted out of the Olympics in 2005, and were last competed at the Beijing Games. They also lost independent bids for Rio when the IOC added golf and rugby in 2009.
Don Porter and Riccardo Fraccarri, who are in Switzerland to present their case to the IOC, will serve as co-presidents for the pair that will aim to win the lone available spot in the Games.
The other sports up for the bid include Karate, roller sports, wushu, sport climbing, wake boarding, and squash.
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement