Dec 13, 2012, 1:33 PM EDT
It’s a good thing Bode Miller is a professional skier and not a professional golfer.
Miller, who has stayed off the slopes this season to rehab a knee injury, took his wife Morgan, a professional beach volleyball player and model, out to the golf course yesterday.
That ended up being a very bad idea.
Miller told us his wife was taking cover behind a tree – a tree he was trying to avoid with his shot. Apparently the ball missed the tree but hit her directly in the left eye.
Luckily she was wearing a pair of glasses that she says softened the blow and kept her from losing the eye. But she did get 50 stitches and looks pretty banged up. The couple Tweeted photos of Beck’s gruesome injury but we decided they were a bit too graphic for our site. If you have the stomach for that sort of thing, click here and here. For more updates check out the couple’s Twitter accounts (Bode and Mrs. Bode).
- Boston Marathon to move forward with traditional spectacle of a finish 1
- Boston Marathon men’s preview 1
- Boston Marathon women’s preview 1
- Miracle on Ice hockey player selling his Olympic gold medal 1
- Evelyn Furtsch Ojeda is first female U.S. Olympic champion to reach 100 years old 0
- Oscar Pistorius’ prosthetic leg used in testimony 0
- Summer Sanders returns to run Boston Marathon again 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (55)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (46)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (37)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)