Dec 13, 2012, 1:33 PM EDT
It’s a good thing Bode Miller is a professional skier and not a professional golfer.
Miller, who has stayed off the slopes this season to rehab a knee injury, took his wife Morgan, a professional beach volleyball player and model, out to the golf course yesterday.
That ended up being a very bad idea.
Miller told us his wife was taking cover behind a tree – a tree he was trying to avoid with his shot. Apparently the ball missed the tree but hit her directly in the left eye.
Luckily she was wearing a pair of glasses that she says softened the blow and kept her from losing the eye. But she did get 50 stitches and looks pretty banged up. The couple Tweeted photos of Beck’s gruesome injury but we decided they were a bit too graphic for our site. If you have the stomach for that sort of thing, click here and here. For more updates check out the couple’s Twitter accounts (Bode and Mrs. Bode).
- Michael Phelps, Ryan Lochte split duels in Mesa 0
- Boston Marathon preview: Can Meb Keflezighi repeat? 0
- Michael Phelps jokingly challenges Katie Ledecky to race 1
- Debbie Phelps texted Michael Phelps about Rio 2016 years ago (video) 0
- Yevgeny Plushenko to return to figure skating competition 1
- Michael Phelps back with ‘OK’ victory in Mesa 1
- Michael Phelps could be offered World Championships spot by FINA 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)