Dec 13, 2012, 1:33 PM EST
It’s a good thing Bode Miller is a professional skier and not a professional golfer.
Miller, who has stayed off the slopes this season to rehab a knee injury, took his wife Morgan, a professional beach volleyball player and model, out to the golf course yesterday.
That ended up being a very bad idea.
Miller told us his wife was taking cover behind a tree – a tree he was trying to avoid with his shot. Apparently the ball missed the tree but hit her directly in the left eye.
Luckily she was wearing a pair of glasses that she says softened the blow and kept her from losing the eye. But she did get 50 stitches and looks pretty banged up. The couple Tweeted photos of Beck’s gruesome injury but we decided they were a bit too graphic for our site. If you have the stomach for that sort of thing, click here and here. For more updates check out the couple’s Twitter accounts (Bode and Mrs. Bode).
- Michael Johnson: track and field would be dead without Olympics 0
- Shaun White, Kelly Clark headline Dew Tour Olympic qualifying event 1
- Evan Lysacek will not compete at Sochi Olympics (video) 2
- Ted Ligety, Bode Miller go 1-2 in Beaver Creek giant slalom (video) 1
- Lindsey Vonn says she’s ready for Sochi after best comeback result (video) 1
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (54)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (45)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (29)
- Vladimir Putin tells critics of Russia at World University Games to ‘try some Viagra’ (18)
- IOC convinced there will be no discrimination at Sochi Olympics (16)