Dec 4, 2012, 2:07 PM EST
Olympic gold medalist Missy Franklin responded Monday to a Twitter campaign from high schoolers hoping that she and Jets quarterback Tim Tebow would call two teens who were involved in a near fatal car wreck in upstate New York.
Shenendehowa High School students Baily Wind and Matt Hardy were struck and run into the median over the weekend by an alleged drunk driver who was aggressively changing lanes. The Twitter campaigns #MissyCallBaily and #TebowCallMatt spread quickly and eventually the two sports idols responded.
“Called Bailey and left her a voicemail,” Missy tweeted. “Would still love to talk to her. Bailey and her community are in my thoughts and prayers #staystrong”
- WATCH LIVE: Sochi Paralympics, Day 1 0
- President Obama yet to deliver after losing Olympic beer bet 0
- Shannon Szabados joins men’s pro hockey team 0
- Oscar Pistorius said ‘everything is fine’ to security calling about gunshot reports (video) 0
- Ukraine may leave Sochi Paralympics if situation escalates 0
- Five Paralympic storylines to watch in Sochi 0
- Mikaela Shiffrin takes 15th in first post-Olympic race 0