Nov 28, 2012, 3:26 PM EST
South Korean figure skater Yuna Kim probably has a lot of famous fans after taking home Olympic gold from Vancouver two years ago, but now she can add movie star Hugh Jackman to that list.
Why? Well, upon hearing that Kim was skating to a song from the Les Misérables soundtrack in her recent competitions, the Australian actor who happens to be starring in the latest film version of the classic book/musical/what-have-you due out next month proclaimed that Kim was the “best” and is “certain to win. 100 percent.”
Jackman, who was taking questions after a press screening in Seoul earlier this week, then invited Yu-Na and six of her closest friends to come see the film with him, just in case she needed to “get some inspiration or listen to the music.”
He also seemed excited about the prospect of appearing with Kim and Russell Crowe in Les Misérables on Ice in the future, which drew laughs from the crowd even though most would absolutely go see it.
We only hope that Kim takes Jackman up on his offer before her competition in Dortmund, Germany beginning Dec. 5, otherwise she might have to fight the crowds when the film is released on Christmas day.
- Ted Ligety, Bode Miller go 1-2 in Beaver Creek giant slalom (video) 1
- Lindsey Vonn says she’s ready for Sochi after best comeback result (video) 1
- Jesse Owens’ gold medal goes for $1.4 million in auction 1
- Lindsey Vonn stronger in second comeback race (video) 3
- U.S. sweeps women’s bobsled in Park City (video) 3
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (54)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (45)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (29)
- Vladimir Putin tells critics of Russia at World University Games to ‘try some Viagra’ (18)
- IOC convinced there will be no discrimination at Sochi Olympics (16)