Nov 28, 2012, 3:26 PM EDT
South Korean figure skater Yuna Kim probably has a lot of famous fans after taking home Olympic gold from Vancouver two years ago, but now she can add movie star Hugh Jackman to that list.
Why? Well, upon hearing that Kim was skating to a song from the Les Misérables soundtrack in her recent competitions, the Australian actor who happens to be starring in the latest film version of the classic book/musical/what-have-you due out next month proclaimed that Kim was the “best” and is “certain to win. 100 percent.”
Jackman, who was taking questions after a press screening in Seoul earlier this week, then invited Yu-Na and six of her closest friends to come see the film with him, just in case she needed to “get some inspiration or listen to the music.”
He also seemed excited about the prospect of appearing with Kim and Russell Crowe in Les Misérables on Ice in the future, which drew laughs from the crowd even though most would absolutely go see it.
We only hope that Kim takes Jackman up on his offer before her competition in Dortmund, Germany beginning Dec. 5, otherwise she might have to fight the crowds when the film is released on Christmas day.
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?