Nov 28, 2012, 3:26 PM EDT
South Korean figure skater Yuna Kim probably has a lot of famous fans after taking home Olympic gold from Vancouver two years ago, but now she can add movie star Hugh Jackman to that list.
Why? Well, upon hearing that Kim was skating to a song from the Les Misérables soundtrack in her recent competitions, the Australian actor who happens to be starring in the latest film version of the classic book/musical/what-have-you due out next month proclaimed that Kim was the “best” and is “certain to win. 100 percent.”
Jackman, who was taking questions after a press screening in Seoul earlier this week, then invited Yu-Na and six of her closest friends to come see the film with him, just in case she needed to “get some inspiration or listen to the music.”
He also seemed excited about the prospect of appearing with Kim and Russell Crowe in Les Misérables on Ice in the future, which drew laughs from the crowd even though most would absolutely go see it.
We only hope that Kim takes Jackman up on his offer before her competition in Dortmund, Germany beginning Dec. 5, otherwise she might have to fight the crowds when the film is released on Christmas day.
- U.S. finishes Youth Olympics with 22 medals, 10 golds 0
- Zurich Diamond League final preview 0
- Jonathan Horton boosted by 2008 teammate to successful return 0
- Sam Mikulak rallies for repeat P&G Championships title (video) 0
- Usain Bolt ends his season 2
- Katie Ledecky smashes another world record at Pan Pacs 4
- Simone Biles awes judges, U.S. legend to repeat at P&G Championships 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (57)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)