Nov 27, 2012, 10:28 AM EST
“Dancing with the Stars” has long been a haven for Olympic gold medalists like Kristi Yamaguchi, Shawn Johnson, and Apolo Anton Ohno, who have all won the Mirror Ball trophy during the show’s run.
But during this, the All-Star return season, Johnson has upped the ante on her Olympic competitors.
Monday night the Beijing balance beam champ brought out London’s ‘Fierce Five’ of Aly Raisman, Jordyn Wieber, Kyla Ross, McKayla Maroney, and all-around champ Gabby Douglas to assist her routine, acting as everything from dancers, to tumblers and set pieces, as Johnson and her partner, Derek Hough, glided across the floor.
Johnson, the season eight champ, tweeted out a picture of the five stretching after the show, and added “You have no idea how much it means to me to be able to share this moment with them.”
And while we’d love to watch the results show to see how it worked out for Johnson and the group, who all told own eight golds, four silvers, and a bronze, we feel obligated to watch NBC’s “The Voice” Tuesday instead.
- Rio 2016 Olympic, Paralympic mascots unveiled (video) 0
- Maksim Kovtun rallies to win Trophee Bompard; Grand Prix Final picture 0
- Ashley Wagner in Grand Prix Final fight after finishing behind Russians at Trophee Bompard 0
- Angelina Jolie showed Louis Zamperini scenes of ‘Unbroken’ on hospital bed 1
- Joss Christensen becomes ‘mountain man’ since Sochi Olympics 0
- IOC proposes adding Olympic events, bid reforms 0
- Ryan Lochte: I have no doubt Michael Phelps will come back 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)