Nov 27, 2012, 10:28 AM EDT
“Dancing with the Stars” has long been a haven for Olympic gold medalists like Kristi Yamaguchi, Shawn Johnson, and Apolo Anton Ohno, who have all won the Mirror Ball trophy during the show’s run.
But during this, the All-Star return season, Johnson has upped the ante on her Olympic competitors.
Monday night the Beijing balance beam champ brought out London’s ‘Fierce Five’ of Aly Raisman, Jordyn Wieber, Kyla Ross, McKayla Maroney, and all-around champ Gabby Douglas to assist her routine, acting as everything from dancers, to tumblers and set pieces, as Johnson and her partner, Derek Hough, glided across the floor.
Johnson, the season eight champ, tweeted out a picture of the five stretching after the show, and added “You have no idea how much it means to me to be able to share this moment with them.”
And while we’d love to watch the results show to see how it worked out for Johnson and the group, who all told own eight golds, four silvers, and a bronze, we feel obligated to watch NBC’s “The Voice” Tuesday instead.
- U.S. 400m runner Torrin Lawrence dies in car accident 0
- Brazil’s Olympic coach wants Neymar to play at Rio 2016 0
- U.S. teams sweep World Series of Beach Volleyball (video) 0
- UPDATE: Noelle Pikus-Pace’s brother and his children found in Idaho 0
- Kerri Walsh Jennings, April Ross make WSOBV final 0
- Usain Bolt arrives in Glasgow, says he’s injury free 0
- Queen photobombs Commonwealth Games athlete selfie 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (56)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)