Nov 21, 2012, 8:12 AM EST
British cyclist Sir Chris Hoy just won two gold medals in London to become the most decorated Olympian in the nation’s history, along with Bradley Wiggins. Now he’ll decide whether or not to continue his career or call it quits sometime next spring.
Or… he could continue on until the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow and finish out his career in his home nation of Scotland at the new cycling velodrome that bears his name.
“I’ll try to make the decision sooner rather than later,” Hoy told the Guardian. “I’m not looking too far ahead; just looking to get back into training in Perth. I’ll be able to do some consistent training for the first time since the Games. I can’t wait to get back into it.”
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (54)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (45)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (29)
- Vladimir Putin tells critics of Russia at World University Games to ‘try some Viagra’ (18)
- IOC convinced there will be no discrimination at Sochi Olympics (16)