Nov 16, 2012, 4:06 PM EDT
Men’s Olympic all-around gymnastics gold medalist, Kohei Uchimura, is planning to sit out the world cup event in Stuttgart, Germany set for Dec. 1-2 because of an apparent right ankle injury.
The three-time World Champ, who won his third consecutive title in front of his home crowd in Tokyo last year, surprised exactly no one by winning gold in London, but has been plagued by the nagging ankle for most of the fall season.
Earlier in November, Kohei sat out the floor exercise at the national championships with the same injury, but was able to compete in the team competition.
Kohei dominated the London all-around by more than a 1.5 points (trust us, that’s dominating) and took home silver in both the team and floor events.
- ISU receives South Korea complaint over figure skating judging 0
- Boston Marathon tribute, moment of silence held near finish line 0
- Can Michael Phelps excel in comeback? 0
- Oscar Pistorius’ cross-examination ends at murder trial 2
- Boston Marathon tragedy remembered on anniversary 0
- Michael Phelps coming out of retirement 7
- How Michael Phelps spent his retirement (photos) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (55)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (46)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (36)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)