Nov 16, 2012, 4:06 PM EST
Men’s Olympic all-around gymnastics gold medalist, Kohei Uchimura, is planning to sit out the world cup event in Stuttgart, Germany set for Dec. 1-2 because of an apparent right ankle injury.
The three-time World Champ, who won his third consecutive title in front of his home crowd in Tokyo last year, surprised exactly no one by winning gold in London, but has been plagued by the nagging ankle for most of the fall season.
Earlier in November, Kohei sat out the floor exercise at the national championships with the same injury, but was able to compete in the team competition.
Kohei dominated the London all-around by more than a 1.5 points (trust us, that’s dominating) and took home silver in both the team and floor events.
- Ryan Lochte returns to pool, talks about fan incident 0
- Lindsey Vonn will race in Lake Louise downhill Friday 0
- Tiger Woods unsure if he will go to Sochi Olympics 2
- Japan’s Hanyu breaks high-score record, defending champ Asada leads at Grand Prix Final 0
- Lindsey Vonn’s knee feels ‘stable’ after downhill training run 0
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (54)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (45)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (29)
- Vladimir Putin tells critics of Russia at World University Games to ‘try some Viagra’ (18)
- IOC convinced there will be no discrimination at Sochi Olympics (16)