Nov 16, 2012, 4:06 PM EDT
Men’s Olympic all-around gymnastics gold medalist, Kohei Uchimura, is planning to sit out the world cup event in Stuttgart, Germany set for Dec. 1-2 because of an apparent right ankle injury.
The three-time World Champ, who won his third consecutive title in front of his home crowd in Tokyo last year, surprised exactly no one by winning gold in London, but has been plagued by the nagging ankle for most of the fall season.
Earlier in November, Kohei sat out the floor exercise at the national championships with the same injury, but was able to compete in the team competition.
Kohei dominated the London all-around by more than a 1.5 points (trust us, that’s dominating) and took home silver in both the team and floor events.
- Alpine skiing men’s World Cup preview 0
- Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski preview Skate America 0
- Oscar Pistorius’ agent seeks prison meeting to discuss running future 1
- Alpine skiing women’s World Cup preview 0
- Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski, Terry Gannon named NBC’s lead figure skating announcers 0
- Oscar Pistorius sentenced to maximum 5 years in prison 4
- The jump for the ages: Mike Powell, Bob Beamon and a revered world record 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)