Nov 16, 2012, 4:06 PM EDT
Men’s Olympic all-around gymnastics gold medalist, Kohei Uchimura, is planning to sit out the world cup event in Stuttgart, Germany set for Dec. 1-2 because of an apparent right ankle injury.
The three-time World Champ, who won his third consecutive title in front of his home crowd in Tokyo last year, surprised exactly no one by winning gold in London, but has been plagued by the nagging ankle for most of the fall season.
Earlier in November, Kohei sat out the floor exercise at the national championships with the same injury, but was able to compete in the team competition.
Kohei dominated the London all-around by more than a 1.5 points (trust us, that’s dominating) and took home silver in both the team and floor events.
- U.S. Women undefeated after opening of indoor volleyball Grand Prix tournament 0
- Lucena, Brunner finish fourth while Brazilians claim victory at Beach Volleyball World Championships 0
- Jamaican sprinters Asafa Powell and Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce dominate at Paris Diamond League 0
- Jordan Burroughs on Rio: ‘My chances of winning’ are better than in London 1
- Rio 2016 Olympic torch unveiled 1
- Allyson Felix considering 200-400m double at Worlds 1
- USOC eyes majority support for Boston 2024 ‘relatively soon’ 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)