Nov 15, 2012, 6:40 PM EDT
OMG, guys! OMG!
Recently reelected President Barack Obama welcomed London’s Fierce Five (or ‘Gym Rats’) to the White House Thursday for a quick meeting in the Oval Office. Then the girls had their hair blown back as they, and other members of the U.S. gymnastics team, watched him lift off in Marine One.
Gabby Douglas, McKayla Maroney, Jordyn Wieber, Aly Raisman, and Kyla Ross, who became only the second group of American gymnastics to win Olympic team gold, got a special audience with the President because they weren’t able to join Team USA for the earlier reception.
Maroney, known for her dour glare after finishing with a silver in the London vault, tried to fake her famous unimpressed face, but couldn’t hold back her smile. Look up: we have proof. The girls also signed leotards for President Obama’s daughters, First Fans Sasha and Malia, while they were hanging out.
- Alpine skiing men’s World Cup preview 0
- Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski preview Skate America 0
- Oscar Pistorius’ agent seeks prison meeting to discuss running future 0
- Alpine skiing women’s World Cup preview 0
- Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski, Terry Gannon named NBC’s lead figure skating announcers 0
- Oscar Pistorius sentenced to maximum 5 years in prison 4
- The jump for the ages: Mike Powell, Bob Beamon and a revered world record 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)