Nov 15, 2012, 1:04 PM EDT
Dear IOC: We’ve got a suggestion for a new Olympic sport.
The four limbs 100m dash.
Like us, you’ve probably never heard of Kenichi Ito, a Japanese sprinter who specializes in running on his hands and feet. He broke the four limbs 100m world record in 2008 with a time of 18.58 seconds, and today he lowered the standard to 17.47.
Why not make this a more mainstream event and add it to the Olympic program? It’s compelling, humorous and might even entice Usain Bolt to give it a try – he’s always talking about adding new events to his lineup.
As you see in the video below, Ito has to work on staying in his lane. But that’s the only flaw we see in his record-breaking technique.
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronkowski 'probably' needs back surgery, too
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness