Nov 7, 2012, 3:17 PM EDT
Gold medal snowboarder Shaun White has agreed to seek alcohol treatment in order to settle public intoxication and vandalism charges stemming from an incident at a Nashville hotel in September.
Officers were called to the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel around 2 a.m. on Sept. 17 after the 26-year-old allegedly pulled fire alarms, disrupted hotel guests, broke a phone, kicked someone while trying to escape, then fell and cut his head open on a fence.
White’s charges will be dismissed if he undergoes alcohol treatment, performs 24 hours of community service, and pays restitution to the hotel for the phone he broke and the disruption he caused.
- Dara Torres picks greatest female swimmer(s) of all time, recalls teenage Michael Phelps, more in Q&A 1
- Kerri Walsh Jennings, April Ross withdraw from Moscow Grand Slam 0
- Prefontaine Classic preview, schedule, broadcast info 0
- Kerri Walsh Jennings injures shoulder, forfeits match 0
- Katie Uhlaender, skeleton World champion, becomes track cyclist 0
- Missy Franklin returns to Colorado, coach Todd Schmitz 1
- Rulon Gardner on returning to wrestling training, getting his gold medal back 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)