Nov 7, 2012, 3:17 PM EDT
Gold medal snowboarder Shaun White has agreed to seek alcohol treatment in order to settle public intoxication and vandalism charges stemming from an incident at a Nashville hotel in September.
Officers were called to the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel around 2 a.m. on Sept. 17 after the 26-year-old allegedly pulled fire alarms, disrupted hotel guests, broke a phone, kicked someone while trying to escape, then fell and cut his head open on a fence.
White’s charges will be dismissed if he undergoes alcohol treatment, performs 24 hours of community service, and pays restitution to the hotel for the phone he broke and the disruption he caused.
- U.S. Women undefeated after opening of indoor volleyball Grand Prix tournament 0
- Lucena, Brunner finish fourth while Brazilians claim victory at Beach Volleyball World Championships 0
- Jamaican sprinters Asafa Powell and Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce dominate at Paris Diamond League 0
- Jordan Burroughs on Rio: ‘My chances of winning’ are better than in London 1
- Rio 2016 Olympic torch unveiled 1
- Allyson Felix considering 200-400m double at Worlds 1
- USOC eyes majority support for Boston 2024 ‘relatively soon’ 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)