Nov 7, 2012, 3:17 PM EDT
Gold medal snowboarder Shaun White has agreed to seek alcohol treatment in order to settle public intoxication and vandalism charges stemming from an incident at a Nashville hotel in September.
Officers were called to the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel around 2 a.m. on Sept. 17 after the 26-year-old allegedly pulled fire alarms, disrupted hotel guests, broke a phone, kicked someone while trying to escape, then fell and cut his head open on a fence.
White’s charges will be dismissed if he undergoes alcohol treatment, performs 24 hours of community service, and pays restitution to the hotel for the phone he broke and the disruption he caused.
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- LIVE: Stanley Cup Final Game 4 pregame show
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming