Nov 7, 2012, 3:08 PM EDT
A well-known Internet news site has confirmed something we already knew: Dara Torres is jacked.
The 45-year-old swimmer, whose bid to make the London Games stalled out at the Olympic Trials, is in better shape than most women half her age. Come to think of it, she’s in better shape than most men half her age.
So it was no wonder that Torres was included in CNN’s “World’s Fittest Women” slideshow today.
But Torres was not the only Olympic athlete to make the list. Eight of the 11 photos in the gallery depict Olympic athletes (We’re lumping world Ironman champion Leanda Cave in there since Olympic-distance triathlon is an Olympic sport. And because of this.).
Leave a comment below if you think anyone else should have been included. Our vote would be for Natalie Coughlin.
- Lolo Jones sheds weight, returns to track at Drake Relays 0
- Michael Phelps wins his first preliminary race since London Olympics 0
- Michael Phelps ready to start ‘journey’ in comeback meet 0
- Another Michael set to make splash at Mesa Grand Prix 0
- Michael Phelps’ comeback at Mesa Grand Prix competition, broadcast schedules 0
- Ryan Hall, other U.S. runners wouldn’t help East Africans catch Meb Keflezighi 0
- Emotions flow for runners, spectators at Boston Marathon 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (55)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (46)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)