Nov 7, 2012, 3:08 PM EDT
A well-known Internet news site has confirmed something we already knew: Dara Torres is jacked.
The 45-year-old swimmer, whose bid to make the London Games stalled out at the Olympic Trials, is in better shape than most women half her age. Come to think of it, she’s in better shape than most men half her age.
So it was no wonder that Torres was included in CNN’s “World’s Fittest Women” slideshow today.
But Torres was not the only Olympic athlete to make the list. Eight of the 11 photos in the gallery depict Olympic athletes (We’re lumping world Ironman champion Leanda Cave in there since Olympic-distance triathlon is an Olympic sport. And because of this.).
Leave a comment below if you think anyone else should have been included. Our vote would be for Natalie Coughlin.
- How to watch Gabby Douglas, Aly Raisman’s comeback gymnastics meet 0
- Yuzuru Hanyu tops World Championships short program; Jason Brown leads Americans 0
- U.S. women struggle, trail Russian brilliance after World Championships short program 2
- Canadians win World pairs title; best U.S. finish since 2011 0
- Usain Bolt to race individually in U.S. for first time since 2008 0
- Tara Lipinski, Johnny Weir preview World Championships men’s, pairs events 0
- Boston 2024 calls for statewide referendum for Olympic bid 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)