Nov 7, 2012, 3:08 PM EDT
A well-known Internet news site has confirmed something we already knew: Dara Torres is jacked.
The 45-year-old swimmer, whose bid to make the London Games stalled out at the Olympic Trials, is in better shape than most women half her age. Come to think of it, she’s in better shape than most men half her age.
So it was no wonder that Torres was included in CNN’s “World’s Fittest Women” slideshow today.
But Torres was not the only Olympic athlete to make the list. Eight of the 11 photos in the gallery depict Olympic athletes (We’re lumping world Ironman champion Leanda Cave in there since Olympic-distance triathlon is an Olympic sport. And because of this.).
Leave a comment below if you think anyone else should have been included. Our vote would be for Natalie Coughlin.
- Talk of a sub-two-hour marathon 2
- Dennis Kimetto breaks world record at Berlin Marathon (video) 0
- IOC adds anti-discrimination clause to Olympic host city contract 0
- Michael Phelps, Katie Ledecky lead Golden Goggles nominees 0
- U.S. women can clinch Olympic berth; FIBA World Championships preview 0
- Olympic women’s bobsled medalists eager to race 4-man 0
- What London’s Olympic Stadium will look like as West Ham’s home (photos) 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)