Nov 7, 2012, 3:08 PM EST
A well-known Internet news site has confirmed something we already knew: Dara Torres is jacked.
The 45-year-old swimmer, whose bid to make the London Games stalled out at the Olympic Trials, is in better shape than most women half her age. Come to think of it, she’s in better shape than most men half her age.
So it was no wonder that Torres was included in CNN’s “World’s Fittest Women” slideshow today.
But Torres was not the only Olympic athlete to make the list. Eight of the 11 photos in the gallery depict Olympic athletes (We’re lumping world Ironman champion Leanda Cave in there since Olympic-distance triathlon is an Olympic sport. And because of this.).
Leave a comment below if you think anyone else should have been included. Our vote would be for Natalie Coughlin.
- Tiger Woods unsure if he will go to Sochi Olympics 0
- Japan’s Hanyu breaks high-score record, defending champ Asada leads at Grand Prix Final 0
- Lindsey Vonn’s knee feels ‘stable’ after downhill training run 0
- U.S. Snowboarding unveils ‘heirloom hippie’ Sochi Olympic uniforms (photos) 4
- Grand Prix Final offers glimpse at Olympic figure skating picture 0
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (54)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (45)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (29)
- Vladimir Putin tells critics of Russia at World University Games to ‘try some Viagra’ (18)
- IOC convinced there will be no discrimination at Sochi Olympics (16)