Oct 31, 2012, 5:14 PM EDT
If you’re still scrounging for a last minute costume before going out to celebrate Halloween Wednesday night, here are a few easy ways to dress like an Olympian and be the envy of all trick or treaters.
Ryan Lochte: All you need is a swimsuit, a pair of goggles, abs, and the inability to form sentences. If you’re lacking any of these, just throw on a Florida Gators shirt, gold medal, and say “jeah” a lot.
Michael Phelps: Similar to Lochte, but with 13 more gold medals and a golf club for good measure.
McKayla Maroney: Follow Alex Morgan’s lead by throwing on a leotard and silver medal and putting your hair in a ponytail. Extra points for giving hardworking homeowners a disappointed look every time you get anything less than a king-sized candy bar.
Usain Bolt: Grab a yellow shirt, black shorts, and sprint as fast as you can between houses. Authentic and it should help you work off whatever candy calories you’ll eventually consume this week.
Rafalca: Ideally only works if you have a horse mask and Romney election button lying around.
Ryan Hall: Throw on some running clothes and shoes, then grab some construction paper and make a London 2012 marathon bib. Don’t forget to quit trick or treating halfway through the night.
Missy Franklin: Put on a swimsuit, swim cap, and be the most charming person at the party.
Nathan Adrian: Put on a swimsuit, swim cap, and be the most charming person at the party.
Shin A-Lam: Wear all white, carry a sword, and sit around crying inconsolably the entire evening.
Sebastian Coe: Throw on a suit, a couple gold medals, pepper your hair with some grey, and then just talk about how awesome you are until everyone finally goes home. Happy Halloween, everyone.
- Usain Bolt arrives in Glasgow, says he’s injury free 0
- Queen photobombs Commonwealth Games athlete selfie 0
- Brazil eyes 27 to 30 medals at Rio Olympics 0
- Usain Bolt not happy with Tyson Gay’s reduced ban 1
- Gabby Douglas helps girl’s dream come true with Make-A-Wish 0
- Guide to the Commonwealth Games 0
- 90-plus-year-old men set 3 world relay records at USATF Masters 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (56)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)