Oct 18, 2012, 1:29 PM EST
Check out this first look picture sent out by the official Olympics Twitter account — presumably manned by IOC president Jacques Rogge himself — of the Rio de Janeiro 2016 Olympic Village.
The beautiful “bird’s eye view” of the Summer Games’ next home was shot out Thursday morning along with the hashtag #staytuned and the guarantee of more sneak peaks to come later.
We can’t make out everything, but there’s definitely a pool, what we imagine is Athlete’s Village dorms, and a roundabout lined with the competing nations flags. Only 1,387 more days to go…
- Katie Ledecky faces decisions in 2015, 2016 0
- Michael Phelps back in the pool; Phelps, Ledecky win Golden Goggles 2
- Viktor Tikhonov, Soviet Union Olympic hockey coach, dies at 84 1
- Sun Yang failed drug test, served three-month ban 0
- Rio 2016 Olympic, Paralympic mascots unveiled (video) 0
- Maksim Kovtun rallies to win Trophee Bompard (video); Grand Prix Final picture 0
- Ashley Wagner in Grand Prix Final fight after finishing behind Russians at Trophee Bompard (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)