Oct 18, 2012, 1:29 PM EDT
Check out this first look picture sent out by the official Olympics Twitter account — presumably manned by IOC president Jacques Rogge himself — of the Rio de Janeiro 2016 Olympic Village.
The beautiful “bird’s eye view” of the Summer Games’ next home was shot out Thursday morning along with the hashtag #staytuned and the guarantee of more sneak peaks to come later.
We can’t make out everything, but there’s definitely a pool, what we imagine is Athlete’s Village dorms, and a roundabout lined with the competing nations flags. Only 1,387 more days to go…
- Rulon Gardner on returning to wrestling training, getting his gold medal back 0
- David Letterman and the Olympics 0
- Caster Semenya: I can’t stop running because of gender controversy 0
- Roger Bannister’s shoes from 4-minute mile set for auction 1
- Justin Gatlin ‘kicked out’ of Beijing track meet 1
- Michael Phelps self-assessment: ‘horrendous,’ ‘garbage’ after winless Charlotte meet 5
- Mao Asada blogs about returning to figure skating 2
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)