Oct 18, 2012, 1:29 PM EDT
Check out this first look picture sent out by the official Olympics Twitter account — presumably manned by IOC president Jacques Rogge himself — of the Rio de Janeiro 2016 Olympic Village.
The beautiful “bird’s eye view” of the Summer Games’ next home was shot out Thursday morning along with the hashtag #staytuned and the guarantee of more sneak peaks to come later.
We can’t make out everything, but there’s definitely a pool, what we imagine is Athlete’s Village dorms, and a roundabout lined with the competing nations flags. Only 1,387 more days to go…
- Rio 2016 Olympics day-by-day events to watch 0
- A recent history of U.S. Olympic gymnastics comebacks 0
- Meryl Davis, Charlie White won’t compete next season 1
- Gabby Douglas, Aly Raisman competitive with U.S. teammates in comeback 0
- Javier Fernandez wins upset World Championship; top American fourth 0
- Elizaveta Tuktamysheva wins World Championship; U.S. just misses medals 0
- How to watch Gabby Douglas, Aly Raisman’s comeback gymnastics meet 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)