Oct 18, 2012, 1:29 PM EDT
Check out this first look picture sent out by the official Olympics Twitter account — presumably manned by IOC president Jacques Rogge himself — of the Rio de Janeiro 2016 Olympic Village.
The beautiful “bird’s eye view” of the Summer Games’ next home was shot out Thursday morning along with the hashtag #staytuned and the guarantee of more sneak peaks to come later.
We can’t make out everything, but there’s definitely a pool, what we imagine is Athlete’s Village dorms, and a roundabout lined with the competing nations flags. Only 1,387 more days to go…
- Haley Anderson wins Pan Pacs open-water 10K by .01 after jellyfish sting, move to Maui 0
- Gwen Jorgensen wins World Championship in triathlon 0
- How the FIBA World Cup impacts the Olympics 0
- Gwen Jorgensen’s glory awaits in Edmonton 0
- Tyson Gay last place in Zurich; Jenny Simpson leads U.S. winners (video) 0
- Youth Olympics wrap with Closing Ceremony, Lionel Messi cameo (photos) 0
- U.S. finishes Youth Olympics with 22 medals, 10 golds 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (57)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)