Oct 18, 2012, 1:29 PM EDT
Check out this first look picture sent out by the official Olympics Twitter account — presumably manned by IOC president Jacques Rogge himself — of the Rio de Janeiro 2016 Olympic Village.
The beautiful “bird’s eye view” of the Summer Games’ next home was shot out Thursday morning along with the hashtag #staytuned and the guarantee of more sneak peaks to come later.
We can’t make out everything, but there’s definitely a pool, what we imagine is Athlete’s Village dorms, and a roundabout lined with the competing nations flags. Only 1,387 more days to go…
- Summer Sanders returns to run Boston Marathon again 0
- Catching up with Bruce Jenner 0
- Boston Marathon finish line security visibility increased after backpack incident 0
- ISU receives South Korea complaint over figure skating judging 8
- Boston Marathon tribute, moment of silence held near finish line 1
- Can Michael Phelps excel in comeback? 0
- Oscar Pistorius’ cross-examination ends at murder trial 2
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (55)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (46)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (37)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)