Oct 17, 2012, 6:03 PM EDT
You’d figure with as much time as the U.S. Swim team spent on TV this summer – winning 31 medals and waving from the podium to their families back home – that they’d all be pretty bored of it by now.
Well that’s not the case: Michael Phelps is doing reality TV on the Golf Channel’s “Hank Haney Project,” Ryan Lochte is playing a sex idiot (their words) on this Thursday’s “30 Rock,” and now four-time gold medalist Missy Franklin will do a guest spot on one of her favorite shows later this fall.
“I am so excited to be doing a cameo for ‘Pretty Little Liars,'” Missy said, sans irony, in a release. “It’s one of the only shows I watch on a regular basis, and my best friends and I have watch parties all the time.”
Missy will appear as herself on the ABC Family teen drama, making a cameo where she chats with Emily Fields, presumably one of the aforementioned Liars, who swims for the Rosewood High team in the show.
Also appearing on TV this fall are gymnasts Gabby Douglas on “Vampire Diaries” and McKayla Maroney on “Hart of Dixie,” both CW shows. Oh, and Lochte again, this time on “90210.”
He’s already asked if the girl who plays Brenda is single.
- World Swimming Championships broadcast schedule 0
- Almaty or Beijing? IOC set to choose 2022 Winter Olympic host 2
- Allyson Felix to run 400m at World Championships 0
- Simone Biles turns pro 0
- Abby Wambach ‘planning on playing’ in Rio, ‘still need time to decide’ 2
- Los Angeles talks with USOC, San Francisco about 2024 Olympic bid, reports say 0
- Jim Craig wants to sell ‘Miracle on Ice’ memorabilia, gold medal 2
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)