Oct 17, 2012, 6:03 PM EDT
You’d figure with as much time as the U.S. Swim team spent on TV this summer – winning 31 medals and waving from the podium to their families back home – that they’d all be pretty bored of it by now.
Well that’s not the case: Michael Phelps is doing reality TV on the Golf Channel’s “Hank Haney Project,” Ryan Lochte is playing a sex idiot (their words) on this Thursday’s “30 Rock,” and now four-time gold medalist Missy Franklin will do a guest spot on one of her favorite shows later this fall.
“I am so excited to be doing a cameo for ‘Pretty Little Liars,’” Missy said, sans irony, in a release. “It’s one of the only shows I watch on a regular basis, and my best friends and I have watch parties all the time.”
Missy will appear as herself on the ABC Family teen drama, making a cameo where she chats with Emily Fields, presumably one of the aforementioned Liars, who swims for the Rosewood High team in the show.
Also appearing on TV this fall are gymnasts Gabby Douglas on “Vampire Diaries” and McKayla Maroney on “Hart of Dixie,” both CW shows. Oh, and Lochte again, this time on “90210.”
He’s already asked if the girl who plays Brenda is single.
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3