Oct 16, 2012, 8:35 AM EDT
Abby Wambach has won two gold medals, a World Cup, three collegiate titles, five American player of the year trophies, and, maybe most importantly, my heart. But after all she’s accomplished through hard work and determination, Wambach called Monday her “happiest day ever.”
“So Chipotle today told me I was getting a gold card that I get free burritos for life,” the soccer star posted on Twitter, adding “#nojoke” and picture of a Chipotle shirt, lest you not believe her.
No word why Wambach received such a great honor and teammates like Alex Morgan, who headed in the winning goal against Canada in the semis, didn’t, but on top of all the stuff we mentioned above, the striker is also second on the U.S. women’s all-time goals list with 146, only 12 behind Mia Hamm’s 158.
Wambach told the Huffington Post back in July that she only indulges when she isn’t training, so unfortunately her gorging will have have to wait until the team’s post-Olympics tour comes to an end; the women added dates against Ireland in both Portland on Nov. 28 and Glendale, Ariz. on Dec. 1.
After that, let the feast begin.
Sep 16, 2014, 4:10 PM EDT
More than 7.5 million tickets will be available for the Games.
Sep 16, 2014, 11:57 AM EDT
German star suffered torn ACL.
Sep 16, 2014, 11:35 AM EDT
Shuko Uchimura hadn’t competed in some 30 years, according to Japanese report.
Sep 16, 2014, 9:39 AM EDT
Olympic 200m free champion going back to France.
Sep 16, 2014, 9:11 AM EDT
“The city is the Olympic park,” official tells Boston Globe.
Sep 15, 2014, 4:43 PM EDT
Osmond won Olympic silver in the Sochi team event.
Sep 15, 2014, 4:27 PM EDT
IPC president Sir Philip Craven looks ahead to an anniversary and a new frontier for the Paralympics.
Sep 15, 2014, 2:36 PM EDT
The greatest Olympians of this generation discuss thoughts on one another.
Sep 15, 2014, 11:44 AM EDT
U.S. bounced in Poland with five-set loss to Argentina.
Sep 15, 2014, 11:16 AM EDT
The second-biggest winner from the FIBA World Cup may be a nation that didn’t compete in Spain.
Sep 15, 2014, 11:05 AM EDT
Olympic bronze medalist figure skater dated Olympic race-walking champion when he tested positive.
Sep 13, 2014, 8:52 PM EDT
Nike had suspended its contract with the runner six days after he shot and killed his girlfriend.
Sep 12, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
Simpson, racing the Fifth Avenue Mile on Saturday, is one tenth away from breaking a 31-year-old mark.
Sep 12, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
High jumper hashtag has taken social media by storm.
Sep 12, 2014, 12:10 PM EDT
Steenkamp’s parents want to meet with Pistorius, they told NBC News.
Sep 12, 2014, 11:42 AM EDT
“We would not stand in his way,” IPC spokesman said.
Sep 12, 2014, 7:48 AM EDT
Runner faces up to 15 years in prison, plus sentence for gun charge.
Sep 11, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
U.S. women’s team won’t officially be named until next week.
Sep 11, 2014, 12:47 PM EDT
Olympic slalom champion hopes for multiple World Cup giant slalom wins this season.
Sep 11, 2014, 9:15 AM EDT
Runner could still face up to 15 years in prison for culpable homicide.
- Usain Bolt, Michael Phelps hope to meet for first time before Olympic farewell 0
- What U.S.’ FIBA World Cup title means for Olympics 0
- Oscar Pistorius’ Nike contract terminated 6
- Oscar Pistorius would be allowed in Paralympics after serving sentence 1
- Oscar Pistorius guilty of culpable homicide (verdict video) 3
- Mikaela Shiffrin eyes breakthrough with World Cup season approaching 0
- Oscar Pistorius trial judge rules out murder, verdict incomplete 4
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (57)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)