Oct 16, 2012, 8:35 AM EDT
Abby Wambach has won two gold medals, a World Cup, three collegiate titles, five American player of the year trophies, and, maybe most importantly, my heart. But after all she’s accomplished through hard work and determination, Wambach called Monday her “happiest day ever.”
“So Chipotle today told me I was getting a gold card that I get free burritos for life,” the soccer star posted on Twitter, adding “#nojoke” and picture of a Chipotle shirt, lest you not believe her.
No word why Wambach received such a great honor and teammates like Alex Morgan, who headed in the winning goal against Canada in the semis, didn’t, but on top of all the stuff we mentioned above, the striker is also second on the U.S. women’s all-time goals list with 146, only 12 behind Mia Hamm’s 158.
Wambach told the Huffington Post back in July that she only indulges when she isn’t training, so unfortunately her gorging will have have to wait until the team’s post-Olympics tour comes to an end; the women added dates against Ireland in both Portland on Nov. 28 and Glendale, Ariz. on Dec. 1.
After that, let the feast begin.
Apr 21, 2015, 3:51 PM EDT
Michelle Kwan, Meryl Davis, Evan Lysacek and more Olympians tell their memorable stories.
Apr 21, 2015, 11:11 AM EDT
Vonn also discussed her prize cows and Tiger Woods.
Apr 21, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
The inspirational Maickel Melamed needed 20 hours to finish.
Apr 21, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
Andrea Karl didn’t break the tape on marathon day because another runner jumped on the course late in the race.
Apr 21, 2015, 9:03 AM EDT
Leveaux said in a book that team members used cocaine.
Apr 20, 2015, 3:14 PM EDT
“To become one of greatest gymnasts of all time, you have to have a little bit more.”
Apr 20, 2015, 3:10 PM EDT
The top U.S. finisher was an Olympian in fourth.
Apr 20, 2015, 10:05 AM EDT
Bolt picked two sprinters across history he would like to race against.
Apr 20, 2015, 9:27 AM EDT
Leveaux details his claim in an upcoming autobiography.
Apr 20, 2015, 9:17 AM EDT
Not even Michael Phelps has attempted this.
Apr 18, 2015, 10:03 PM EDT
Katie Ledecky also flirted with a world record.
Apr 18, 2015, 10:17 AM EDT
The U.S. appears to have a better shot in the women’s race.
Apr 18, 2015, 9:09 AM EDT
Phelps has raced against a record-breaking woman before.
Apr 17, 2015, 8:35 PM EDT
“I’m like, Michael, 2016, Rio, 50 free, 100 free, just a relay.”
Apr 17, 2015, 3:06 PM EDT
The finals are at 9 p.m. ET on Universal Sports.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
Plushenko wants to compete in a fifth Olympics in 2018.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:29 AM EDT
It took organizers about 20 minutes to figure out what happened Sunday.
Apr 17, 2015, 9:09 AM EDT
“It doesn’t seem like she has served a ban.”
Apr 17, 2015, 8:42 AM EDT
Phelps outdueled Ryan Lochte, but he was slower than last year.
Apr 16, 2015, 3:16 PM EDT
If Phelps is added by FINA, the U.S. might be able to try for podium sweeps at the World Championships.
- Figure skaters recall odd gifts from fans 0
- Lindsey Vonn talks ‘first-world problems’ on ‘Late Night with Seth Meyers’ 0
- Vitaly Scherbo weighs in on Kohei Uchimura 0
- Meb Keflezighi eighth after stopping, throwing up, crying at Boston Marathon 2
- Usain Bolt runs his slowest 100m final ever; Brazil TV simulates Bolt’s dream 100m race 2
- Katie Ledecky eyes daunting double at World Championships 0
- Michael Phelps, Ryan Lochte split duels in Mesa 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)