Oct 16, 2012, 8:35 AM EST
Abby Wambach has won two gold medals, a World Cup, three collegiate titles, five American player of the year trophies, and, maybe most importantly, my heart. But after all she’s accomplished through hard work and determination, Wambach called Monday her “happiest day ever.”
“So Chipotle today told me I was getting a gold card that I get free burritos for life,” the soccer star posted on Twitter, adding “#nojoke” and picture of a Chipotle shirt, lest you not believe her.
No word why Wambach received such a great honor and teammates like Alex Morgan, who headed in the winning goal against Canada in the semis, didn’t, but on top of all the stuff we mentioned above, the striker is also second on the U.S. women’s all-time goals list with 146, only 12 behind Mia Hamm’s 158.
Wambach told the Huffington Post back in July that she only indulges when she isn’t training, so unfortunately her gorging will have have to wait until the team’s post-Olympics tour comes to an end; the women added dates against Ireland in both Portland on Nov. 28 and Glendale, Ariz. on Dec. 1.
After that, let the feast begin.
- Tara Lipinski, Johnny Weir at Super Bowl Media Day (video) 0
- Galen Rupp talks training with Mo Farah, marathons, weird drug test story 0
- Russian Olympic, World champions get doping bans 0
- Lindsey Vonn, Mikaela Shiffrin lead World Alpine Skiing Championships women’s preview 1
- Rio 2016 Olympic torch relay details announced 0
- K.C. Boutiette returns to World Cup speed skating for first time since 2006 0
- Tori Bowie ‘going after medals’ after breakthrough season 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)