Oct 16, 2012, 8:35 AM EDT
Abby Wambach has won two gold medals, a World Cup, three collegiate titles, five American player of the year trophies, and, maybe most importantly, my heart. But after all she’s accomplished through hard work and determination, Wambach called Monday her “happiest day ever.”
“So Chipotle today told me I was getting a gold card that I get free burritos for life,” the soccer star posted on Twitter, adding “#nojoke” and picture of a Chipotle shirt, lest you not believe her.
No word why Wambach received such a great honor and teammates like Alex Morgan, who headed in the winning goal against Canada in the semis, didn’t, but on top of all the stuff we mentioned above, the striker is also second on the U.S. women’s all-time goals list with 146, only 12 behind Mia Hamm’s 158.
Wambach told the Huffington Post back in July that she only indulges when she isn’t training, so unfortunately her gorging will have have to wait until the team’s post-Olympics tour comes to an end; the women added dates against Ireland in both Portland on Nov. 28 and Glendale, Ariz. on Dec. 1.
After that, let the feast begin.
- U.S., Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce star to end World Indoor Championships 0
- U.S. speed skaters excel at first post-Olympic World Cup 0
- U.S. wins 2 medals on Day 2 of Paralympics, gold still elusive 0
- Ashton Eaton ‘disappointed’ after missing world record in heptathlon; World Indoors recap 0
- U.S. wins 3 medals on first day of Sochi Paralympics 0
- Mikaela Shiffrin captures slalom title, inspired by girl with leukemia (video) 1
- Ted Ligety wins first post-Olympic race, notches World Cup first (video) 0