Oct 10, 2012, 1:38 PM EDT
Two-time Olympic gold medalist Shaun White was supposed to have his day in court Wednesday for charges of public intoxication and vandalism during an incident at a Nashville hotel last month, but the case has been delayed by a judge until Nov. 20.
In case you forgot, on Sept. 17 Nashville Police were called to the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel after the 26-year-old allegedly pulled the fire alarm around 2 a.m., forcing an evacuation of the hotel’s guests.
When White tried to flee the scene in a cab he was stopped by a “citizen” who the snowboarder then kicked as he tried to escape on foot. During the escape White tripped and hit his head on a fence. He was taken to Baptist Hospital and then arrested and charged with vandalism of $500 or less for breaking a phone during the incident. The person he kicked apparently helped apprehend White and didn’t press charges.
White later apologized for his “unwise choices” on Facebook, and said he was sorry for his poor behavior.
- Brazil eyes 27 to 30 medals at Rio Olympics 0
- Usain Bolt not happy with Tyson Gay’s reduced ban 1
- Gabby Douglas helps girl’s dream come true with Make-A-Wish 0
- Guide to the Commonwealth Games 0
- 90-plus-year-old men set 3 world relay records at USATF Masters 0
- Pyeongchang 2018 Winter Olympics chief quits 0
- Tori Bowie, Justin Gatlin star at Monaco Diamond League meet 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (56)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)