Oct 10, 2012, 1:38 PM EDT
Two-time Olympic gold medalist Shaun White was supposed to have his day in court Wednesday for charges of public intoxication and vandalism during an incident at a Nashville hotel last month, but the case has been delayed by a judge until Nov. 20.
In case you forgot, on Sept. 17 Nashville Police were called to the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel after the 26-year-old allegedly pulled the fire alarm around 2 a.m., forcing an evacuation of the hotel’s guests.
When White tried to flee the scene in a cab he was stopped by a “citizen” who the snowboarder then kicked as he tried to escape on foot. During the escape White tripped and hit his head on a fence. He was taken to Baptist Hospital and then arrested and charged with vandalism of $500 or less for breaking a phone during the incident. The person he kicked apparently helped apprehend White and didn’t press charges.
White later apologized for his “unwise choices” on Facebook, and said he was sorry for his poor behavior.
- Haley Anderson wins Pan Pacs open-water 10K by .01 after jellyfish sting, move to Maui 0
- Gwen Jorgensen wins World Championship in triathlon 0
- How the FIBA World Cup impacts the Olympics 0
- Gwen Jorgensen’s glory awaits in Edmonton 0
- Tyson Gay last place in Zurich; Jenny Simpson leads U.S. winners (video) 0
- Youth Olympics wrap with Closing Ceremony, Lionel Messi cameo (photos) 0
- U.S. finishes Youth Olympics with 22 medals, 10 golds 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (57)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)