Oct 10, 2012, 1:38 PM EDT
Two-time Olympic gold medalist Shaun White was supposed to have his day in court Wednesday for charges of public intoxication and vandalism during an incident at a Nashville hotel last month, but the case has been delayed by a judge until Nov. 20.
In case you forgot, on Sept. 17 Nashville Police were called to the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel after the 26-year-old allegedly pulled the fire alarm around 2 a.m., forcing an evacuation of the hotel’s guests.
When White tried to flee the scene in a cab he was stopped by a “citizen” who the snowboarder then kicked as he tried to escape on foot. During the escape White tripped and hit his head on a fence. He was taken to Baptist Hospital and then arrested and charged with vandalism of $500 or less for breaking a phone during the incident. The person he kicked apparently helped apprehend White and didn’t press charges.
White later apologized for his “unwise choices” on Facebook, and said he was sorry for his poor behavior.
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car