Oct 5, 2012, 1:41 PM EST
We might have been too harsh on American
swimmer golfer Michael Phelps after he and partner Paul Casey finished day one of the Alfred Dunhill Links pro-am in 160th place (out of 168) after shooting a par 72.
On Friday the 18-time gold medalist made up for his performance with probably the best shot of the day from either an amateur or pro when he sank an amazing 159-foot putt (now measured) for eagle on the par 4 sixth hole at Kingbarns Golf Links in St. Andrews, Scotland.
We could describe it, but better to just let you watch for yourselves:
- Michael Johnson: track and field would be dead without Olympics 0
- Shaun White, Kelly Clark headline Dew Tour Olympic qualifying event 1
- Evan Lysacek will not compete at Sochi Olympics (video) 2
- Ted Ligety, Bode Miller go 1-2 in Beaver Creek giant slalom (video) 1
- Lindsey Vonn says she’s ready for Sochi after best comeback result (video) 1
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (54)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (45)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (29)
- Vladimir Putin tells critics of Russia at World University Games to ‘try some Viagra’ (18)
- IOC convinced there will be no discrimination at Sochi Olympics (16)