Oct 5, 2012, 1:41 PM EST
We might have been too harsh on American
swimmer golfer Michael Phelps after he and partner Paul Casey finished day one of the Alfred Dunhill Links pro-am in 160th place (out of 168) after shooting a par 72.
On Friday the 18-time gold medalist made up for his performance with probably the best shot of the day from either an amateur or pro when he sank an amazing 159-foot putt (now measured) for eagle on the par 4 sixth hole at Kingbarns Golf Links in St. Andrews, Scotland.
We could describe it, but better to just let you watch for yourselves:
- U.S. wins 3 medals on first day of Sochi Paralympics 0
- Mikaela Shiffrin captures slalom title, inspired by girl with leukemia 0
- Ted Ligety wins first post-Olympic race, notches World Cup first 0
- President Obama yet to deliver after losing Olympic beer bet 1
- Shannon Szabados joins men’s pro hockey team 0
- Oscar Pistorius said ‘everything is fine’ to security calling about gunshot reports (video) 0
- Ukraine may leave Sochi Paralympics if situation escalates 0