Oct 5, 2012, 1:41 PM EDT
We might have been too harsh on American
swimmer golfer Michael Phelps after he and partner Paul Casey finished day one of the Alfred Dunhill Links pro-am in 160th place (out of 168) after shooting a par 72.
On Friday the 18-time gold medalist made up for his performance with probably the best shot of the day from either an amateur or pro when he sank an amazing 159-foot putt (now measured) for eagle on the par 4 sixth hole at Kingbarns Golf Links in St. Andrews, Scotland.
We could describe it, but better to just let you watch for yourselves:
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires