Oct 3, 2012, 2:26 PM EST
Snowboard World Cup tour organizers have been forced to cancel a Nov. 17 Big Air event in Stockholm “due to economical reasons” according to the International Ski Federation.
The cancellation is the third of the season, which opened with a New Zealand halfpipe event in August, but won’t continue until next month after a London event prepped for Oct. 27 was also lost due to financial issues. The boys of Big Air will now open their year in Antwerp on Nov. 10.
This news puts a damper on the season, and on early Olympic bids, since World Cup points earned this year will go toward qualifying for the Sochi Games.
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (54)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (45)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (29)
- Vladimir Putin tells critics of Russia at World University Games to ‘try some Viagra’ (18)
- IOC convinced there will be no discrimination at Sochi Olympics (16)