Sep 26, 2012, 5:16 PM EDT
We’ve never actually heard of the CW medical drama “Hart of Dixie,” but the network confirmed that it is in fact a show and that gold-medal gymnast McKayla Maroney will have a two-episode character arch on said show this season as Tonya, a friend of Rose.
We also have no idea who Rose is, but she’s somehow connected to Rachel Bilson’s character, Zoe, who according to the official website is a “fast-talking New Yorker… whose carefully planned life as a cardio-thoracic surgeon in New York City somehow went awry.” Now she’s practicing medicine in Bluebell, Alabama. This all sounds very exciting.
Also appearing on the CW this season: McKayla’s teammate Gabby Douglas, who this summer became the third straight U.S. woman to win the all-around gold, will have a non-speaking role on “The Vampire Diaries” and 11-time medal winning swimmer Ryan Lochte will show up as himself, probably shirtless, on “90210.”
Lochte is also interested in taking part in some scripted reality and said he was “definitely looking towards Dancing With the Stars and The Bachelor” when he appeared on the Today Show last month.
Looks like it’s finally time to buy a TV.
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement