Sep 26, 2012, 5:16 PM EST
We’ve never actually heard of the CW medical drama “Hart of Dixie,” but the network confirmed that it is in fact a show and that gold-medal gymnast McKayla Maroney will have a two-episode character arch on said show this season as Tonya, a friend of Rose.
We also have no idea who Rose is, but she’s somehow connected to Rachel Bilson’s character, Zoe, who according to the official website is a “fast-talking New Yorker… whose carefully planned life as a cardio-thoracic surgeon in New York City somehow went awry.” Now she’s practicing medicine in Bluebell, Alabama. This all sounds very exciting.
Also appearing on the CW this season: McKayla’s teammate Gabby Douglas, who this summer became the third straight U.S. woman to win the all-around gold, will have a non-speaking role on “The Vampire Diaries” and 11-time medal winning swimmer Ryan Lochte will show up as himself, probably shirtless, on “90210.”
Lochte is also interested in taking part in some scripted reality and said he was “definitely looking towards Dancing With the Stars and The Bachelor” when he appeared on the Today Show last month.
Looks like it’s finally time to buy a TV.
- Shaun White, Kelly Clark headline Dew Tour Olympic qualifying event 0
- Evan Lysacek will not compete at Sochi Olympics (video) 1
- Ted Ligety, Bode Miller go 1-2 in Beaver Creek giant slalom (video) 1
- Lindsey Vonn says she’s ready for Sochi after best comeback result (video) 1
- Jesse Owens’ gold medal goes for $1.4 million in auction 1
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (54)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (45)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (29)
- Vladimir Putin tells critics of Russia at World University Games to ‘try some Viagra’ (18)
- IOC convinced there will be no discrimination at Sochi Olympics (16)