Sep 24, 2012, 3:11 PM EDT
Apparently while Kerri Walsh Jennings was diving, digging, and killing her way to her third consecutive gold, she was playing volleyball for two. The Olympic champ revealed Monday on the Today show that she was pregnant while competing in London.
“When I was throwing my body around fearlessly, and going for gold for our country, I was pregnant, and today I’m 11 weeks pregnant,” Walsh Jennings told Matt Lauer Monday.
Walsh, 34, admitted to feeling “unreasonably moody” during the Games to the point where her longtime teammate, Misty May-Treanor, actually guessed she might be pregnant.
“I thought it could have been the stress of the games and travel kind of throws your schedule off, but I knew,” Kerri told Lauer. “At some point, you’re late and then you start feeling something. And I definitely started feeling something in London.”
The baby is due in April, but that hasn’t slowed Kerri down much; She’s competed in three tournaments since London with her new partner, Nicole Branagh.
We did the math and it turns out that Kerri got pregnant the weekend she won a tournament in Gstaad, Switzerland. It was her and Misty’s first victory in nearly 11 months. Just saying… congratulations.
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3