Sep 22, 2012, 2:19 PM EST
What do you get for the girl who has everything? We’d go with a pony. But what do you get for the girl who has everything including a pony? A @#$%ing Olympic champion horse!
British equestrian rider Peter Charles helped lead the home team to its first show jumping team gold since 1952, claiming victory by way of a jump-off in London. Now Charles has decided to move on to a new horse and sell his prized steed, Murka’s Vindicat W, to rocker Bruce Springsteen, whose daughter Jessica will ride the 10-year-old gelding as she aims to qualify for the Games in 2016.
“In order to invest in a new string of young horses in preparation for Rio, we have had to make the decision to allow him to move to another rider,” Charles wrote on his Facebook page. “I wish Jessica the best of luck with him and I am sure he will make her proud, too.”
Jessica, 20, missed the cut for the Olympics in London, but has represented America in international competitions on the Young Rider Tour of Europe, competing last summer in Belgium, France, Austria, Germany and England.
Jessica probably won’t rename the horse, but if she does we vote for “Johnny 99.”
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (54)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (45)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (29)
- Vladimir Putin tells critics of Russia at World University Games to ‘try some Viagra’ (18)
- IOC convinced there will be no discrimination at Sochi Olympics (16)