Sep 18, 2012, 1:33 PM EDT
Olympic snowboarder Shaun White took to Facebook Tuesday to apologize for an incident in Nashville over the weekend when the two-time gold medalist allegedly pulled fire alarms, disrupted hotel guests, broke a phone, tried to escape, kicked someone, then fell and cut his head on open a fence.
“I want to apologize for the unwise choices I made over the weekend,” White wrote in a statement on his fan page. “And for any inconvenience it caused my family, friends, business partners, the hotel and their guests. I was celebrating a happy occasion with a ton of family and friends and got carried away. I’m truly sorry for my poor behavior.”
White was released from Baptist Hospital on Monday and charged with vandalism of $500 or less for the phone he broke during the incident. He has a court date set for Oct. 10.
- Usain Bolt eases Jamaica to win in his first race of 2014 0
- Gabby Douglas out of P&G Championships, at new gym, report says 0
- Simone Biles returns to Secret Classic a different gymnast 0
- Meb Keflezighi, Caroline Wozniacki to run New York City Marathon 0
- U.S. swimming rankings going into National Championships 0
- German long jump champion, a Paralympian, left off European Championships roster 3
- Eddy Alvarez heats up in Arizona League 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (56)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)