Sep 18, 2012, 1:33 PM EDT
Olympic snowboarder Shaun White took to Facebook Tuesday to apologize for an incident in Nashville over the weekend when the two-time gold medalist allegedly pulled fire alarms, disrupted hotel guests, broke a phone, tried to escape, kicked someone, then fell and cut his head on open a fence.
“I want to apologize for the unwise choices I made over the weekend,” White wrote in a statement on his fan page. “And for any inconvenience it caused my family, friends, business partners, the hotel and their guests. I was celebrating a happy occasion with a ton of family and friends and got carried away. I’m truly sorry for my poor behavior.”
White was released from Baptist Hospital on Monday and charged with vandalism of $500 or less for the phone he broke during the incident. He has a court date set for Oct. 10.
- Meryl Davis, Charlie White won’t compete next season 0
- Gabby Douglas, Aly Raisman competitive with U.S. teammates in comeback 0
- Javier Fernandez wins upset World Championship; top American fourth 0
- Elizaveta Tuktamysheva wins World Championship; U.S. just misses medals 0
- How to watch Gabby Douglas, Aly Raisman’s comeback gymnastics meet 0
- Yuzuru Hanyu tops World Championships short program; Jason Brown leads Americans 0
- U.S. women struggle, trail Russian brilliance after World Championships short program 2
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)