Sep 18, 2012, 1:33 PM EST
Olympic snowboarder Shaun White took to Facebook Tuesday to apologize for an incident in Nashville over the weekend when the two-time gold medalist allegedly pulled fire alarms, disrupted hotel guests, broke a phone, tried to escape, kicked someone, then fell and cut his head on open a fence.
“I want to apologize for the unwise choices I made over the weekend,” White wrote in a statement on his fan page. “And for any inconvenience it caused my family, friends, business partners, the hotel and their guests. I was celebrating a happy occasion with a ton of family and friends and got carried away. I’m truly sorry for my poor behavior.”
White was released from Baptist Hospital on Monday and charged with vandalism of $500 or less for the phone he broke during the incident. He has a court date set for Oct. 10.
- Angelina Jolie showed Louis Zamperini scenes of ‘Unbroken’ on hospital bed 0
- Joss Christensen becomes ‘mountain man’ since Sochi Olympics 0
- IOC proposes adding Olympic events, bid reforms 0
- Ryan Lochte: I have no doubt Michael Phelps will come back 1
- Doha gets 2019 World Track and Field Championships over Eugene, Barcelona 2
- Bode Miller out until January due to back surgery 0
- Peter Forsberg and the Olympics 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)