Sep 18, 2012, 4:27 PM EDT
After going dark for the summer, SNL debuted on Saturday with Seth MacFarlane stepping in as host for the premiere. During ‘Weekend Update,’ the Family Guy creator treated the audience to a pitch-perfect impersonation of Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte (here on Hulu), which prompted a response from the world record holder on Tuesday.
“Well I gotta admit that was a pretty harsh one, but it’s cool to have Seth parody me,” Lochte told Celebuzz. “I think he pegged me wrong, but when I heard he did a skit I knew I was in for it. It’s all in fun and of course if I’m talked about on SNL I know they are going to get me go-od.”
The mocking on SNL, coupled with a viral video titled “Ryan Lochte is Terrible at Interviews,” which has been viewed more than 2.7 million times on YouTube, paints the 11-time Olympic medalist, as a vain, unintelligible nitwit. We won’t say whether or not that’s a fair assessment – we’ve never met the guy – but we’re glad to see it doesn’t bother him either way.
- Matt Anderson taking break from volleyball due to depression 0
- Caroline Wozniacki nervous for New York City Marathon, even in her dreams 0
- Prosecutors to appeal Oscar Pistorius verdict, sentence 3
- Russian triumphs at Skate America; Gracie Gold third (video) 4
- Ted Ligety struggles in first race of season (video) 0
- Japan’s Machida routs U.S. men at Skate America; ice dancers make history 0
- Mikaela Shiffrin wins her first World Cup giant slalom in Soelden tie (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)