Sep 18, 2012, 4:27 PM EST
After going dark for the summer, SNL debuted on Saturday with Seth MacFarlane stepping in as host for the premiere. During ‘Weekend Update,’ the Family Guy creator treated the audience to a pitch-perfect impersonation of Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte (here on Hulu), which prompted a response from the world record holder on Tuesday.
“Well I gotta admit that was a pretty harsh one, but it’s cool to have Seth parody me,” Lochte told Celebuzz. “I think he pegged me wrong, but when I heard he did a skit I knew I was in for it. It’s all in fun and of course if I’m talked about on SNL I know they are going to get me go-od.”
The mocking on SNL, coupled with a viral video titled “Ryan Lochte is Terrible at Interviews,” which has been viewed more than 2.7 million times on YouTube, paints the 11-time Olympic medalist, as a vain, unintelligible nitwit. We won’t say whether or not that’s a fair assessment – we’ve never met the guy – but we’re glad to see it doesn’t bother him either way.
- Five Paralympic storylines to watch in Sochi 0
- Mikaela Shiffrin takes 15th in first post-Olympic race 0
- Oscar Pistorius tried to revive girlfriend after shooting, witness recounts (video) 1
- Shannon Szabados: Oilers welcomed me with open arms (video) 1
- Adelina Sotnikova listed as substitute for World Championships; entry list highlights 3
- Oscar Pistorius’ restaurant gun incident recounted at murder trial; Day 3 recap (video) 1
- Russia Olympic hockey coach done after poor Sochi showing 1