Sep 17, 2012, 5:53 PM EDT
Gold medal snowboarder Shaun White was arrested for public intoxication and vandalism Monday in Nashville after an altercation at a hotel, according to the AP.
The Metropolitan Nashville Police Department said in a release that officers were called to the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel after the 26-year-old allegedly pulled the fire alarm around 2 a.m. Monday morning, which forced an evacuation of the guests.
White then tried to escape in a cab, but when someone attempted to stop the action sports star, he kicked the “citizen” and tried to flee on foot. After a short chase White bumped into the same citizen, fell backward, and hit his head on a fence. He was then taken to be treated at a local hospital.
White turned down an opportunity to sign a misdemeanor citation and is charged with vandalism of $500 or less for breaking a phone during the incident.
White was released from Baptist Hospital Monday and has a hearing scheduled for Oct. 10. No news outlets have been able to reach White’s reps for comment. They’re apparently on vacation.
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL