Sep 12, 2012, 3:43 PM EST
In an attempt to continue not running really, really fast in a straight line, since London Usain Bolt has flirted with the idea of playing soccer for Manchester United, trying the long jump in 2016, and now, apparently, playing professional cricket.
Word is Australian spinner Shane Warne contacted Bolt back in December about joining his Melbourne Stars club in the Twenty20 League and now Bolt’s friend, cricketer Chris Gayle, mentioned the sprinter while warming up before a match in Sri Lanka.
“He wouldn’t embarrass himself. In a charity game, he actually played against me and almost knocked my head off with a good competitive bouncer,” Gayle, a West Indies’ batsman, told reporters. “It is nothing to take lightly. I don’t see anything wrong.”
Bolt also dabbles in basketball, but we think he should probably hold off doing any of these other sports until he can finish an entire race without getting bored and putting it into third gear with 20 meters to go.
- South Korean Olympic swim champ Park Tae-hwan fails drug test 0
- Jason Brown wins first U.S. figure skating title 2
- Lindsey Vonn wins final race before World Championships (video) 0
- Ashley Wagner shatters records for third U.S. figure skating title 3
- Chloe Kim wins Winter X Games halfpipe at age 14 0
- Lindsey Vonn struggles in St. Moritz downhill (video) 0
- Jason Brown leads U.S. short program; quad debate stoked 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)