Sep 12, 2012, 3:43 PM EDT
In an attempt to continue not running really, really fast in a straight line, since London Usain Bolt has flirted with the idea of playing soccer for Manchester United, trying the long jump in 2016, and now, apparently, playing professional cricket.
Word is Australian spinner Shane Warne contacted Bolt back in December about joining his Melbourne Stars club in the Twenty20 League and now Bolt’s friend, cricketer Chris Gayle, mentioned the sprinter while warming up before a match in Sri Lanka.
“He wouldn’t embarrass himself. In a charity game, he actually played against me and almost knocked my head off with a good competitive bouncer,” Gayle, a West Indies’ batsman, told reporters. “It is nothing to take lightly. I don’t see anything wrong.”
Bolt also dabbles in basketball, but we think he should probably hold off doing any of these other sports until he can finish an entire race without getting bored and putting it into third gear with 20 meters to go.
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL