Sep 12, 2012, 5:02 PM EST
Since Michael Phelps wrapped up his swimming career in London, the 18-time gold medalist has since gone all-in on his love of golf.
First, he spent time perfecting his swing on a reality TV show with former Tiger Woods’ coach Hank Haney, which will air in February on the Golf Channel. Now, according to the Baltimore Sun, Phelps will be taking his talents to Chicago to appear in the Celebrity Ryder Cup on September 25.
He’ll join the likes of Justin Timberlake, Bill Murray, Scottie Pippen, and George Lopez in a 10-hole tournament against former Ryder Cup captains Ben Crenshaw, Tom Kite, Tom Lehman, Corey Pavin, Lee Trevino, and more at the famous Medinah Country Club.
Tyler Clary has probably already spoken out against Phelps, saying the legendary Olympian doesn’t work nearly as hard as Clary does at golf and that he’d totally be way better than Phelps except that he’s not.
- Maksim Kovtun rallies to win Trophee Bompard; Grand Prix Final picture 0
- Ashley Wagner in Grand Prix Final fight after finishing behind Russians at Trophee Bompard 0
- Angelina Jolie showed Louis Zamperini scenes of ‘Unbroken’ on hospital bed 0
- Joss Christensen becomes ‘mountain man’ since Sochi Olympics 0
- IOC proposes adding Olympic events, bid reforms 0
- Ryan Lochte: I have no doubt Michael Phelps will come back 1
- Doha gets 2019 World Track and Field Championships over Eugene, Barcelona 2
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)