Sep 12, 2012, 5:02 PM EDT
Since Michael Phelps wrapped up his swimming career in London, the 18-time gold medalist has since gone all-in on his love of golf.
First, he spent time perfecting his swing on a reality TV show with former Tiger Woods’ coach Hank Haney, which will air in February on the Golf Channel. Now, according to the Baltimore Sun, Phelps will be taking his talents to Chicago to appear in the Celebrity Ryder Cup on September 25.
He’ll join the likes of Justin Timberlake, Bill Murray, Scottie Pippen, and George Lopez in a 10-hole tournament against former Ryder Cup captains Ben Crenshaw, Tom Kite, Tom Lehman, Corey Pavin, Lee Trevino, and more at the famous Medinah Country Club.
Tyler Clary has probably already spoken out against Phelps, saying the legendary Olympian doesn’t work nearly as hard as Clary does at golf and that he’d totally be way better than Phelps except that he’s not.
- Lolo Jones sheds weight, returns to track at Drake Relays 0
- Michael Phelps wins his first preliminary race since London Olympics 0
- Michael Phelps ready to start ‘journey’ in comeback meet 0
- Another Michael set to make splash at Mesa Grand Prix 0
- Michael Phelps’ comeback at Mesa Grand Prix competition, broadcast schedules 0
- Ryan Hall, other U.S. runners wouldn’t help East Africans catch Meb Keflezighi 0
- Emotions flow for runners, spectators at Boston Marathon 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (55)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (46)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)