Sep 12, 2012, 5:02 PM EDT
Since Michael Phelps wrapped up his swimming career in London, the 18-time gold medalist has since gone all-in on his love of golf.
First, he spent time perfecting his swing on a reality TV show with former Tiger Woods’ coach Hank Haney, which will air in February on the Golf Channel. Now, according to the Baltimore Sun, Phelps will be taking his talents to Chicago to appear in the Celebrity Ryder Cup on September 25.
He’ll join the likes of Justin Timberlake, Bill Murray, Scottie Pippen, and George Lopez in a 10-hole tournament against former Ryder Cup captains Ben Crenshaw, Tom Kite, Tom Lehman, Corey Pavin, Lee Trevino, and more at the famous Medinah Country Club.
Tyler Clary has probably already spoken out against Phelps, saying the legendary Olympian doesn’t work nearly as hard as Clary does at golf and that he’d totally be way better than Phelps except that he’s not.
- Boston, Chicago Marathon winner Rita Jeptoo fails drug test 0
- Neymar will be on Brazil’s Olympic soccer team, coach says 0
- Meb Keflezighi in familiar spot as New York City Marathon underdog 0
- Matt Anderson taking break from volleyball due to depression 0
- Caroline Wozniacki nervous for New York City Marathon, even in her dreams 0
- Prosecutors to appeal Oscar Pistorius verdict, sentence 3
- Russian triumphs at Skate America; Gracie Gold third (video) 4
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)