Sep 12, 2012, 5:02 PM EDT
Since Michael Phelps wrapped up his swimming career in London, the 18-time gold medalist has since gone all-in on his love of golf.
First, he spent time perfecting his swing on a reality TV show with former Tiger Woods’ coach Hank Haney, which will air in February on the Golf Channel. Now, according to the Baltimore Sun, Phelps will be taking his talents to Chicago to appear in the Celebrity Ryder Cup on September 25.
He’ll join the likes of Justin Timberlake, Bill Murray, Scottie Pippen, and George Lopez in a 10-hole tournament against former Ryder Cup captains Ben Crenshaw, Tom Kite, Tom Lehman, Corey Pavin, Lee Trevino, and more at the famous Medinah Country Club.
Tyler Clary has probably already spoken out against Phelps, saying the legendary Olympian doesn’t work nearly as hard as Clary does at golf and that he’d totally be way better than Phelps except that he’s not.
- Ato Boldon’s track and field season awards 1
- Analyzing the U.S. gymnastics women’s World Championships team 0
- Shaun White ‘more motivated’ to compete than before Sochi 0
- Lolo Jones eliminated from ‘Dancing with the Stars’ 6
- Usain Bolt, Michael Phelps hope to meet for first time before Olympic farewell 0
- What U.S.’ FIBA World Cup title means for Olympics 0
- Oscar Pistorius’ Nike contract terminated 6
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (57)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)