Sep 10, 2012, 2:24 PM EDT
Whether it’s coming up the ranks at the same time as Michael Phelps or peaking at the 2011 world championships instead of in London, it seems like Ryan Lochte’s timing has always been a little off.
This weekend was no different when the 11-time medal winning swimmer declared his feelings for a certain CW actress at NY Fashion Week.
“I have a huge crush on Blake Lively,” Ryan told People magazine. “She is drop-dead gorgeous. I haven’t met her yet. I’d definitely be starstruck.”
Good to know, except that Lively married Ryan Reynolds, one of the few men on the planet with better abs than Locthe, at a small ceremony in South Carolina on Sunday. We guess Lochte will just have to move on to option two: every other woman in the known universe.
Follow Olympics Talk on Twitter for more news than admittedly seems necessary.
- Analyzing the U.S. gymnastics women’s World Championships team 0
- Shaun White ‘more motivated’ to compete than before Sochi 0
- Lolo Jones eliminated from ‘Dancing with the Stars’ 5
- Usain Bolt, Michael Phelps hope to meet for first time before Olympic farewell 0
- What U.S.’ FIBA World Cup title means for Olympics 0
- Oscar Pistorius’ Nike contract terminated 6
- Oscar Pistorius would be allowed in Paralympics after serving sentence 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (57)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)