Sep 10, 2012, 2:24 PM EDT
Whether it’s coming up the ranks at the same time as Michael Phelps or peaking at the 2011 world championships instead of in London, it seems like Ryan Lochte’s timing has always been a little off.
This weekend was no different when the 11-time medal winning swimmer declared his feelings for a certain CW actress at NY Fashion Week.
“I have a huge crush on Blake Lively,” Ryan told People magazine. “She is drop-dead gorgeous. I haven’t met her yet. I’d definitely be starstruck.”
Good to know, except that Lively married Ryan Reynolds, one of the few men on the planet with better abs than Locthe, at a small ceremony in South Carolina on Sunday. We guess Lochte will just have to move on to option two: every other woman in the known universe.
Follow Olympics Talk on Twitter for more news than admittedly seems necessary.
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- LIVE: Stanley Cup Final Game 4 pregame show
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming