Sep 10, 2012, 2:24 PM EDT
Whether it’s coming up the ranks at the same time as Michael Phelps or peaking at the 2011 world championships instead of in London, it seems like Ryan Lochte’s timing has always been a little off.
This weekend was no different when the 11-time medal winning swimmer declared his feelings for a certain CW actress at NY Fashion Week.
“I have a huge crush on Blake Lively,” Ryan told People magazine. “She is drop-dead gorgeous. I haven’t met her yet. I’d definitely be starstruck.”
Good to know, except that Lively married Ryan Reynolds, one of the few men on the planet with better abs than Locthe, at a small ceremony in South Carolina on Sunday. We guess Lochte will just have to move on to option two: every other woman in the known universe.
Follow Olympics Talk on Twitter for more news than admittedly seems necessary.
- Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski, Terry Gannon named NBC’s lead figure skating announcers 0
- Oscar Pistorius sentenced to maximum 5 years in prison 3
- The jump for the ages: Mike Powell, Bob Beamon and a revered world record 0
- Apolo Ohno on Ironman: A milestone among my 8 Olympic medals 1
- Beijing Marathon run through smog (video, photos) 0
- Aksel Lund Svindal injured playing soccer, likely out most of season 0
- Justin Gatlin not among IAAF Athlete of the Year award finalists 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)