Sep 10, 2012, 6:21 PM EDT
Fierce Fiver McKayla Maroney, most famous for the twisted face she wore on the podium in London after she won silver on the vault, injured her left knee Sunday after falling off the uneven bars at an exhibition in Ontario, Calif. Those in attendance were not impressed – too soon?
The 16-year-old, who was performing as part of the Kellogg’s Tour of Gymnastics Champions, will be evaluated Monday according to the USA Today.
Gold medal teammate Aly Raisman was also injured on the bars, bruising her knees in a fall. There’s no timetable for either to return to the tour, so those who bought tickets will just have to watch Kyla Ross do whatever it is she does for a while.
Follow Olympics Talk on Twitter for more news than admittedly seems necessary.
- Another Michael set to make splash at Mesa Grand Prix 0
- Michael Phelps’ comeback at Mesa Grand Prix competition, broadcast schedules 0
- Ryan Hall, other U.S. runners wouldn’t help East Africans catch Meb Keflezighi 0
- Emotions flow for runners, spectators at Boston Marathon 0
- Meb Keflezighi stuns to win Boston Marathon (video) 4
- Rita Jeptoo repeats as Boston Marathon winner in course record 0
- Boston Marathon to move forward with traditional spectacle of a finish 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (55)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (46)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)