Sep 10, 2012, 6:21 PM EDT
Fierce Fiver McKayla Maroney, most famous for the twisted face she wore on the podium in London after she won silver on the vault, injured her left knee Sunday after falling off the uneven bars at an exhibition in Ontario, Calif. Those in attendance were not impressed – too soon?
The 16-year-old, who was performing as part of the Kellogg’s Tour of Gymnastics Champions, will be evaluated Monday according to the USA Today.
Gold medal teammate Aly Raisman was also injured on the bars, bruising her knees in a fall. There’s no timetable for either to return to the tour, so those who bought tickets will just have to watch Kyla Ross do whatever it is she does for a while.
Follow Olympics Talk on Twitter for more news than admittedly seems necessary.
- The jump for the ages: Mike Powell, Bob Beamon and a revered world record 0
- Apolo Ohno on Ironman: A milestone among my 8 Olympic medals 1
- Beijing Marathon run through smog (video, photos) 0
- Aksel Lund Svindal injured playing soccer, likely out most of season 0
- Justin Gatlin not among IAAF Athlete of the Year award finalists 0
- Noelle Pikus-Pace: I already miss skeleton, but happily retired 0
- Simone Biles still buzzing after World Championships whirlwind 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)